Our mission is to create the most amazing banking experience for SMEs through technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great services come from great thinkers, that’s why we strive to provide an environment that will allow you to feel comfortable and help you excel in your work (read more about our method).
Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017, and the team reached great achievements since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe 🏦
- 200,000 SME clients 🏢
- Outstanding customer satisfaction (App Store | Google Play | TrustPilot) 👍
- Recognized as one of the best startups to work at (Wired | LinkedIn) 🤩
- €136 million raised 💰
- International investors with a solid fintech experience 💵
- And 500+ happy Qontoers helping us building the bank of our dreams (just that!) ☁️
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges no matter what
- Teamwork | We create magic by collaborating at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning and by facing challenges humbly every day
- Integrity | We are transparent and trustworthy with our clients and each other
👩💻🧑💻As a Lead Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will:
- Manage a team of 5 to 8 Backend Engineers
- Coordinate with engineering, product and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your cross-functional team
- Drive the delivery of your cross-functional team to help us meet business objectives
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to foster the professional and technical growth of your teammates
- Help build a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture and make it shine
- Run 1o1s and quarterly progress reviews to provide regular feedbacks to your team members
- Run interviews to hire new team members
- Design, build, test, document, run, review and maintain code in Golang/Ruby
- Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
Our primary languages are
Ruby on the backend,
EmberJS on the frontend, and
Swift for our Mobile applications. However, we are open to Engineers from any background! Our platform runs on a
Kubernetes cluster hosted on
PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using
Kafka for our event sourcing and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services and applications.
🧠What you could work on:
As part of our Engineering Department, you will be the backend lead of a cross-functional team. Every cross-functional team handles a part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
- 💳Cards: the team responsible for all things cards. On the backend this includes but is not limited to: all things related to card shipment, paying with cards, billing for cards, and card security.
- 🏦Ledger: the team working on our Core Banking System, which allows us to store transactions in an accurate, scalable and auditable way.
- ✈️Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
- Leadership: You can collaboratively lead the evolution of your cross-functional team.
- Team player: You have excellent communication skills, which help you diffuse knowledge across teams and align people to work successfully on their projects.
- Tech Skills: You have strong knowledge in Go and/or Ruby.
- Languages: You are fluent in English; French is a plus.